Tuesday, November 2, 2010

4 - Weston.

I am really just going to get on here and write, I am having a complete mental block and think this is probably the best way to get rid of it... considering I have a paper due in exactly 1 hour and the only thing written is "Niki." Also, I just love this little man I'm going to tell you about and his story lays heavy on my heart.

Last week was quite possibly one of the most difficult weeks I have had in a long time. And there have been some pretty tough ones here recently. About 2 months ago, a very good friend of my husband's and his wife, who I went to school with and have become friends with, were in a terrible motorcycle accident. After about a month of what we thought were signs of getting better, he ended up losing his battle and went to be with Jesus. It was devastating and I think the first real "grief" we have ever experienced. Yes, we have had other deaths, mainly grandparents and such, but they are supposed to die, a 26 year old fun loving guy? Not so much.

But Jake's death is nothing compared to what happened to our family last week. My aunt (who is only 6 years older than I am) was expecting their third child. We were all beyond ecstatic! They are two of the most Godly people I know and we love them and their children dearly. They went to the doctor on Tuesday to find out the gender of the baby. There was no heartbeat. The text message I got was "no heartbeat. please pray." I had to get someone to cover my class for a moment and I went to bathroom and cried and prayed for about 5 minutes. What else can you do? Because she was so far along, they had to go ahead and deliver him. She had him on Thursday. While we all know that he is in a wonderful place being loved on by Jesus, our hearts still hurt so badly. His funeral was on Friday. The casket was so small that I cried right when I saw it. Again, heartbroken to have lost such a sweet little man.

The verse they chose for his funeral was Romans 5: 1-5:
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given to us."

These few verses speak abundantly to me! And even more so now. The service was so nice and we were so thankful for that. For now we wait and know that we will again one day be reunited with him. We continue to pray for healing for M, W, M & B. We know they need it.

We love you Weston, can't wait to meet you in Heaven!

Mitz also had Weston's footprints placed in her bible at Psalm 139. I've also placed is obituary there in my bible. So I am going to close this post with that.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139: 13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment