Saturday, November 6, 2010

8 - This should have gone up yesterday ;)

Today I got to babysit my sweet little cousins. I just love them so much and they are so much fun to hang out with. They are the older siblings of Baby Weston. They told me a few times that their new baby was in heaven with Jesus. It broke my heart.

We made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and they were delicious! It was fun to have two little helpers. This is the only picture I have of our muffins, because they were gone… in an instant! I saved some for my sweet sisters-in-law though and snapped a picture when I dropped them off.

The recipe I use is from All Recipes, but I thought I would post it here for good measure. I usually switch it up just a little bit.

Ingredients
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan.
2. Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In a separate bowl mix together flour, soda, powder, spices and salt. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir in chocolate chipes
3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes

The main things I change… I never have cumin in our house and I always forget to get it at the store. Ha! So I usually use pumpkin pie spice in place of it. Also, I don’t know how much pumpkin I use… I do ½ a can or so of pumpkin per batch. And the last change is the cook time. I have 3 muffin tins: 1 24 count mini muffin tin, 1 6 count muffin tin and 1 silicone 24 count muffin tin. In the mini muffin and the 6 count tin, I bake for 11 minutes and in the silicon one I bake it for about 17 minutes. Sometimes a little bit longer, but never as long as the recipe calls for. The very first time I made these, I set the timer for 20 minutes and they were scorched. Definitely don’t leave them the whole time!

I don't know if I have ever mentioned this, but I have a small at home business and one of the many things I do is design stationary. Right now, I am in the middle of designing some first birthday invitations for a client and they are to die for! She wants a vintage/tea party theme and sent me some samples of a Save-the-Date printed on handkerchiefs. My first thought was – she wants me to print on fabric? Who does she think I am? But apparently I’m pretty awesome because I totally did it! They are seriously some of my most favorite invites I’ve ever done! And that is saying a lot, considering I did my wedding invites and they were perfect! We are now trying to decide the packaging. She is only doing 10 or so and I think it would be adorable to do a little tea kettle sugar cookie in a box wrapped in the hankie or something along those lines. I know we will figure it out, but I am just so excited now! She emailed me the request at 11 o’clock yesterday morning and the second I got home from babysitting I had to try it!



I am one busy girl this weekend. I babysat M & B earlier today, I am babysitting their baby cousin right now. Tomorrow I am going to Holiday House with my best friend, then babysitting in the afternoon, and M & B again tomorrow night. Then we are trying Journey Church Sunday morning and I am going to see Wicked with friends Sunday night! So freaking excited!! Have the most fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment