Sunday, November 7, 2010

10 - The Busiest Day Ever

I have been going non-stop since 7 this morning, but it has been such a good day I've hardly noticed... that is until I sat down to write this post and realized it is 11:22. I still have some lingerie shower invites to design, but those might have to wait.

We started this morning by visiting a new church and we really enjoyed it! Everyone was super nice and the message was wonderful. I really liked that the pastor even went to the Old Testament for a bit. We've been where we are at now for almost 3 years and I don't think I have heard the OT mentioned once... I know that it isn't the happiest, but it was nice to hear it be acknowledged! I know that is probably a silly reason to like something, but I'm just being honest. The size is WAY smaller than where we are, but it didn't really bother me at all. It was kind of nice. The second we walked in, every person in the church introduced themselves to us. I don't think anyone at FBC has actually come up and said hello unless we were introduced by someone else. It was super laid back and just made us feel very welcome. And when I asked the husband what he thought (before service started) his response was "They have pigs in a blanket, I'm sold." haha! That man constantly makes me laugh!

The whole goal in this is that we find a church that gives us a chance to worship together and helps us grow spiritually. The problem with the church I grew up in is that we weren't worshiping as a couple. That is really important to me, and JC seemed to do the trick. Our second main interest is that we find a place that I am comfortable going to alone. I think this is why we are looking at smaller churches. With T working so many Sundays, I need a place that I can go, worship, be with friends and be comfortable. I don't like  to feel out of place or like people are staring at me. I have only been to FBC a few times without Tyler, but every time I go, I feel awkward. To the point that we've only been to church maybe 3 times in the last 3 months. Since Tyler has started school, he has to work so many more weekends. I hate it, but it is what it is and we have to pay our bills somehow. T will be working for the next few weeks, so we won't be visiting any new churches, but I do think I will try to get back to JC on my own and see how it feels.

After church, we headed out to go shopping for cameras. Ours is just a point and shoot and is now showing a black dot in the middle of every picture i take. I've had to edit like crazy just to get a picture scrapbook-able or frame-able. And I have wanted to get an SLR for quite some time and it just makes sense. We have known for a while that we wanted one before kids came into the picture and we think now is the best time to just jump in and get it! I think I have decided on a Canon T1i. I am going to go the actual camera store tomorrow to talk to them and make sure it is a good choice. They were closed today or that would've been taken care of.

After camera shopping we ate some lunch and came home to do laundry and clean... blah. Not anything fun to blog about there!

And after all of that came the best part of the day! WICKED!!! Woohoo! I met my girlfriends at Cantina Laredo first for dinner and we had a nice time! I miss 'em so much sometime, it was nice to get to just relax for a bit. I seriously did not take a single picture all night. How sad is that? The guy in front of me had a bit of hair sticking straight up and it was kind of distracting! ha! I kept wanting to smooth it down for him. Also, as soon as we got to our seats, someone called my name and when I looked it was the pastor's wife from the church I grew up at. When I took a closer look a HUGE group was there! It was nice to catch up a little bit with them. I still love that church and the people in it dearly, they did basically raise me.

Wicked was absolutely fantabulous. haha! I mean, it was just great. They did a fantastic job with it and we had a great time! I have to write a paper about it in my theater class and I am honestly debating going back again. I was just so taken by everything going on and listening to (and singing along silently) it all that I feel like I didn't get everything I need for my paper. We will see how the rest of the week goes and I am going to talk to my teacher about exactly what needs to be written before I decide. If you haven't gone yet, figure out a way and go! It was so much fun and the show was to die for. I loved every single minute of it!

All in all, I'd say today was a win. I love getting to spend so much time with Tyler. It is pretty rare these days to get so much uninterrupted time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment