Tuesday, November 9, 2010

13 - My job. I love it.

Seriously. Love. There is no other word to describe it.

When we got married, I quit my job at the preschool and went to work full time at a place that offered benefits. It was miserable. Horrible. Hated it. For the first time in my life, I felt like I didn't fit in. I did not get along with anyone, it was awful. I was depressed. I would come home and sit on the couch, eat and watch TV until it was time for bed. I gained about 40 pounds. In a year. I will never be doing something like that again!

But, when I decided to become a full time student, we made the decision that I would quit working and we would move in to my Mother's basement. While that was fun for awhile, it got old. We are moving back in to our rent house in January and honestly can't wait! But with this moving back out, I definitely had to be working. So I put my name back out there as available to babysit and started looking for jobs. I got a ton of new babysitting clients, which eventually led to me nannying one day a week. And I also found out that a Mother's Day Out had an opening for a 2's teacher. What?! Yay! ha! I went to my interview and was hired on the spot. God is good. I only had to apply 1 place!

Now, why do I love my job so much? It's the little things. Of course I love my kids. I teach 6, much better than 12-16 I had at the other place. But that's a big thing. I am in love with it because of the people and environment. We start each morning with a bible study. We read a verse and ask prayer requests and pray for each other. It truly is THE best way to start your day. Knowing that my boss cares enough to pray for me each and every day is fantastic. Also, my bosses are just great. That's all there is to that.

The biggest reason I love my job, however, is that I truly feel appreciated. The parents, the bosses, other teachers. Everyone seems to be genuinely glad I am there. It is a wonderful feeling knowing that. I teach my kids a lot in my class. I really do expect quite a bit from them and it is good to know that what I am doing in my room matters to the others around me. They will ooohhh and ahhh over art work I've done or thank me for counting. Every little thing, they are gracious for. (that last sentence was a little Yoda-esque- oh well, I'm leaving it)

I really can't put into words how wonderful it is to have a place that I want to go to each and every day! God knew what he was doing when he gave me this job!

No comments:

Post a Comment