Monday, March 21, 2011

Tyler's {very} belated birthday dinner

Last night we had Tyler's Dad, stepmom, and our sisters in law over for dinner and to see our house. We didn't get to celebrate his birthday on his birthday since I was so sick, so this was his birthday dinner, too!

We grilled barbecue chicken, parmesan potato wedges and a salad. It was all so good! I'm taking everyone's word for the chicken being good. I also made Tyler's new favorite cake. It was a disaster. I almost cried. I have never in my life made a cake as ugly as this one turned out! It completely fell apart and just looked ridiculous. But, it tasted delicious, so I guess that's what really counts. And I was going to show you a picture of the disaster, but apparently I deleted it! ha! Tyler said "Well, just tell everyone I did it." It. Was. Bad.

Amanda and Sarah brought some silly hats and games with them to play with. It was hysterical watching 6 adults try to figure out cheap kids toys. Tony and Marsha got Tyler a great new tool bag and a few tools to go in it. He definitely needed this and he was really excited. Amanda and Sarah got him a home depot card... I'm super excited about this one.

We also got the fantastic news that Amanda and Sarah are expecting twins!! So super happy for them. They will be such wonderful parents and I can't wait to be an aunt. And hopefully we will have kids soon so the cousins can be close in age! 

So yesterday was quite the fabulous day! We are so blessed to have wonderful families that we actually enjoy hanging out with!

No comments:

Post a Comment