Sunday, March 20, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge {Intro and Day 1}

I have a few friends that have passed this little 30-day photo challenge around on facebook and blogs. There have been a few different variations. So I’m picking my favorites from all of them and going with it! 

I will be doing this, hopefully, for the next thirty days! I’m really hoping that this will be a way to make me blog and to get into the swing of regularly writing. I really enjoy it and really like having our lives documented, I just need to do it! I’ll also throw in other posts here and there. 

Here is the list I’m going to follow:
Day 1: Introduce, recent picture, 15 facts
Day 2: Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3: A Picture of someone you love
Day 4: A Picture of your parents
Day 5: A Picture of your siblings
Day 6: A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7: A place you've traveled to
Day 8: A picture of your friends
Day 9: Something you're afraid of
Day 10: Favorite tv shows/cast of favorite shows
Day 11: What you believe
Day 12: A picture of your most treasured item
Day 13: A picture you love
Day 14: Your favorite Bible verse
Day 15: Something you're looking forward to
Day 16: A picture of something you hate
Day 17: A picture that makes you laugh
Day 18: A picture of something you miss
Day 19: A picture of your typical day
Day 20: A picture of yourself
Day 21: A picture of your family
Day 22: A picture of your Pets
Day 23: A picture of your biggest insecurity
Day 24: A picture of your favorite band or artist
Day 25: Favorite Movies
Day 26: Favorite books
Day 27: Something you would like to do before you die
Day 28: A picture of someone who inspires you
Day 29: A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life lately
Day 30: Something you've learned


So, Day 1. Ready. Set. Go.
{taken in NOLA-Sugar Bowl week}

I'm Niki. I'm a 20-something part time housewife, part time teacher and part time nanny. I love my husband, Jesus, my family, my friends, our dogs, baking, Razorback Football, and Hanson. Tyler and I have been together 7 years and married for almost three. He's awesome and is the funniest person I've ever met. I love that God chose him for me. 

Now onto 15 random facts about me!
1. I'm a vegetarian. I eat seafood on very rare occasions and usually just when I'm on the coast visiting my Dad. But for 99% of my life, I eat nothing with a face.
2. I hate stairs. I will use them, but I hate them. I fell down an entire flight of stairs in high school and had a bruise on my bum for 2 years. I am not exaggerating at all.
3. I can't wait to be a mom.
4. You know that song Secret Agent Man? Up until about 5 years ago, I thought they were singing Secret Asian Man. Yup. I'm that girl.
5. I love {with all my heart}Hanson. Old and new. I'm not ashamed. I listen daily. I love New Kids on the Block, too. But Hanson wins.
6.I have an addiction to fingernail polish. I change the color on my nails at least twice a week.
7. I had a boyfriend in college from Ozark who raised cattle. I had a knockdown drag out fight with him over the fact that the red stuff in packaged meat was not blood, it was meat juice, just as my mother had always told me. I ended up calling her to verify and she still told me it was meat juice. Its a wonder I'm a vegetarian. {shocked that relationship didn't work out! ha!}
8. I paint, sew, knit, design stationery, make bows... and anything else I can think of. I have too many hobbies. 
9.  I very rarely remember my dreams, and when I do it is because I have woken up to something horrible. The dream I have the most often is of my brother getting kidnapped and me chasing after him to no avail. I hate this dream and I have had it for years
10. I cry over everything. My feelings don't really get hurt all that often, but I'm talking about ridiculous things... commercials? Yep. Sweet things my class say? You betcha. Lifetime movies? Well, of course. Pretty sure I even cried during the Oscars this year. The worst is kLove radio station. 3 seconds in and I will be in tears. Guaranteed.
11. I have no shame over the fact that I watch {and enjoy} shows on Disney and Nickelodeon. None.
12. I have 3 favorite colors. Yellow, green and turquoise. Used to be pink, I still like pink, but I don't own much pink anymore!
13. I love to read. When we go on vacation, I usually take 4 or 5 books with me and 9 times out of 10 will end up having to buy more while we are there. 
14. I am a blond at heart and mind. I once asked where the yellow line was on the football field at a Razorback game. Sad, I know. I also thought that water polo actually involved horses. I had a HUGE a
argument with Tyler during the olympics when we were dating. It was sad. He still married me.
15. I love Anthropologie. If I had an unlimited income I would own everything in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment