Monday, March 21, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge {Day 2 - Meaning behind your blog name} and a recipe

My blog name isn't a super top secret, no one can figure it out kind of a name. It's pretty self explanatory. 

The Biker: 
Tyler's favorite hobby is riding his bike. Every time I tell someone this, they assume I mean a motorcycle. Nope, not so much. Motorcycles aren't allowed in our house. ;) We're talking mountain bikes. 
{my new favorite picture. taken right after he got back from his first ride of the spring. it was successful}

Go in the woods, pedal yourself, get absolutely filthy mountain biking. I am not so much into the biking. This is a hobby he shares with my dad and I am grateful they have something in common. My dad and stepmom are very into biking and every time we go visit, Tyler gets to have a great ride with them (usually while I go shopping). I've tried biking with him on a few occasions, but I'd much rather just run. 

The Baker:
I LOVE to bake. I don't really like to eat what I bake, but that's what I have a husband and friends for.
I just love to be in the kitchen no matter what, but making cakes, cookies, pies and anything else I can think of just makes me almost giddy. Today is a good day for this post because I actually got to bake something yesterday and not feel guilty! We celebrated Tyler's birthday (oh, only a month late) with his family so I made his  favorite cake! Yay!

And here is that recipe:
I got it from Sophistimom and I love her. Go check out her site, not only does she take beautiful photos, but I have made a lot of her recipes and have never had a bad one!!

vanilla bean cupcakes
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg
1/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
seeds scraped from one vanilla bean (these can always be left out, and the cupcakes will still be delicious)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with cupcake liners. Combine all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Fill cupcake liners slightly more then halfway full.
2. Bake for 15 minutes, or until center cupcakes bounce back when touched. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. 

I also add 1/4-1/2 tbsp of {dry} vanilla pudding mix. And she makes these with strawberry icing, but Tyler likes chocolate buttercream, so that is what I make for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment