Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Recap

This past week we had some pretty terrible storms in our town. Our house is okay, we have some roof damage and a few limbs down, but other than that, nothing major. We lost power for about 4 hours. Saturday before we headed to England for Meme's funeral, I asked Tyler to drive around our neighborhood to see some damage my mom had told me about. I was in awe of what "straight line winds" could do to our little area.






We spent the rest of the day celebrating Meme's life on this earth with family. It was a beautiful service and we felt very blessed to have the love and support of so many people. We were very worried that it was going to be a difficult day with the family, but they all behaved pretty well. After the funeral, we went to help Tyler's uncle unload the flowers at his house then went with him to see T's great aunt Hazel. She is in her 90's, blind, almost deaf, with the best sense of humor ever. I have no doubt in my mind why she and Meme were such great friends. 

When we left the family for the day, we headed home to take a little nap then went to our sisters-in-laws birthday party. Amanda is 31 and Sarah is 30 and they share a birthday! How fun! When we pulled up to the restuarant I realized one of my best friends, who I haven't seen in about 4 months was working! Even better, she was working the party room. So I got to not only see my family, but got to have a great talk with Laura. I may have done a happy dance when I saw her car parked outside. :)

Today we went to church and were so very blessed. The man who preached this morning happened to make it to the funeral to support us yesterday. He preached on being welcome and being loved. He read the back of Meme's memorial service program to the entire church and said that he could tell she was a wonderful, loving, fun woman. He never met her and I am so glad he got a sense of who she was just by being there yesterday.

After church we had lunch with some friends at El Chico. Yum! Then we went to Wildwood Park's "Bloom" festival. Ashley tweeted about it this morning and I am so glad she did because we loved it. And I even got to meet her and her sweet family in person! 














We participated in a cupcake walk... But Tyler made it a cupcake dance. ;)
He's got mad skillz.





We ended the weekend by going to see my grandparents and check out their garden progress. :) 




I am really hoping this coming week is way less eventful than this past one!

No comments:

Post a Comment