Thursday, April 28, 2011

Prayer

I've prayed my entire life, but I never feel like I am good at prayer. Does that make sense? I always feel like there is a super secret way to pray that I don't know about. Don't get me wrong, I still pray, continuously, but half the time I just feel silly. I mean, do I pray out loud, on my knees, hands folded, quietly to myself? I know God listens no matter what, but its still probably one of the only things in my life that I am overly critical. I think we all struggle to be the perfect Christian/wife/woman/sister/friend/mom and this is (for now) my biggest struggle. I know as I work to fulfill all of those roles I will have many more struggles come along. I think the reason I am self critical is because we did not really pray out loud when I was young. We prayed at dinner, but I can't remember praying before bed, etc. I really hope once we have kids, we teach them otherwise. Perhaps this is why I battle this now, so that I will hopefully pray the best way that I am comfortable with when my children get here.

That being said, I have been in prayer constantly for the past few weeks. First about a major change that may happen in our lives and now about the entire south. Have you seen the videos and pictures coming out of Alabama last night? It's horrifying and heartbreaking. I prayed all night long. I woke up praying. If you haven't seen or heard the devastation, first of all you are probably living under a rock, but second of all you really need to look it up and immediately start praying, no matter how, about the people in the south, particularly Alabama, they've lost 58 lives as of now. 

As for the change, please keep us in your prayers as we navigate new waters and try our best to listen to where the Lord is leading us. I'll share more as we know more. Thank you.

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." Psalm 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment