Wednesday, December 1, 2010

23 - Thanksgiving Weekend

** First of all, our internet has been out for 4 days now, so I am in Barnes and Noble using theirs. This post is a little late! Second of all, this post has A LOT of pictures. Sorry ;) **

I hope Thanksgiving was wonderful for everyone! Tyler had Thursday, Friday and Saturday off, which never happens, so we were so happy to get to spend time together! This was probably the best weekend we've had in quite some time!

On Thursday, we had two Thanksgivings, started at my grandmother's house for lunch and it was yummy! I like eating Holiday meals with my family because they take into account that I don't eat meat and have plenty of veggie options. A lot of other people freak out and just make potatoes. ha! It has always made me laugh! I got to have mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, green peas, dressing, deviled eggs and pie. Win for me! Ha! Of course everyone else added turkey and giblet gravy to their plates :)

And this little girl, she used to be ours... until my grandparents dognapped her. Funny Story.

After we left my family, we went to Thanksgiving dinner with Tyler's Dad's family. This was our first time to spend a holiday with them and we are so glad we did! They are a fun group of people and I adore hanging out with them!

This is the party I made the pumpkin bread pudding for. Holy Moly. I will post the recipe tomorrow, you have to make it! It was seriously the best dessert I've ever made!!

I thought all of the decorations were SO fun! I adored everything they made!


Tyler and his Daddy

My mother in law and sister in law! love them!

Its such a blessing to be with family this time of year!

On Friday, we did a little of nothing until that afternoon. I went out and kind of looked around, but didn't find any good deals. Tyler worked that night, so I went to hang out with my bff and have a movie marathon. I left her house crazy early in the morning and went to Walmart to try to get the TV Tyler wanted. I got there around 2:30 and the sale wasn't supposed to start until 6. Honestly, I thought I'd be there until then. But the folks at Walmart were in a great mood and sold it to me then! They said they had one pallet of TVs that they would sell before 6! Woohoo! I was so excited to go home and get to sleep before the big game!

We slept in until around 10 and then went to tailgate with the family. I found out late Friday evening that the people I nanny for had 3 extra tickets! I was sooo excited to get them! Considering they were going for upwards of $300 online, we feel pretty blessed! And we got to call my brother in law and tell him we had a ticket! He is a DIEHARD Hog fan, so he was SUPER excited. Here are lots of pictures from Saturday... sorry. :)

Tyler with his cooler from college. That is my sorority, but I wasn't his lady when he got this! ha! He was dating one of my sorority sisters at Winter Formal and we started dating in June. I promise, I didn't steal him. :)

Marsha and Papaw

 Granny and Amanda

 Tony (my father in law) and I

 Amanda and Sarah (sisters in law)

 my love and I

I have a million pictures of T doing this exact post, but none quite this special... check out Sarah in the bg. 

Our Tickets! yay!

 Tailgating

Woo Pig Sooie!! 

I just love this shot. 

I love our stadium!

Hehe. I'm a child and this shot makes me giggle. No Shame.

Calling those hogs!! 

Tyler and our brother in law Mike at the end of the game! If you can't tell, we kicked LSU's tail! Woohoo! Now we are praying that Auburn stomps South Carolina so we can go to the Sugar Bowl! Fingers Crossed!

And... I want you all to go read this post. And help if you can! Its an easy way to be prepared for what can sometimes be an awkward encounter with a homeless person. Be prepared. I always keep granola bars and juice in my car to give out, but I will be making some of these, too! I'm also giving these out with Christmas presents this year to a few people. Also, my friend, Rik, reminded me last night... its cold out there, go clean out your closet and give something warm to someone who needs it way more than you do! 

And last but not least, I have other posts to get up, I just wanted this up! I feel behind...

No comments:

Post a Comment