Monday, December 13, 2010

27 - Hot Pockets!

I am blogging backwards. But I don't care. Last Thursday we had homegroup game night with the folks at JC. The "theme" was finger foods. I have a cookbook called Any Blonde can Cook (I know, I know) and some of Tyler's favorite recipes come from there. I can cook up a storm and he will still wan the simple food from it. He's such a man. Anyway, something I hadn't made in a long time was homemade hot pockets. They are his favorite! Since it was finger foods, I thought those would be great. And lets talk about an excited man! He tends to make up names for the food I make, instead of calling them hot pockets, he refers to these as "yummy goodness." He's special. Anyway, I wanted to share the recipe because they are SO easy to make and make a whole bunch. I also made a veg option.

Chicken Hot Pockets 

1/2 cup sour cream
16 oz. mozzarella cheese
Rotisserie chicken
green onions - to taste, I used 2 stalks
splash of lemon juice
3 cans of crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350. Take the chicken off the bone (and if you are a vegetarian and can't stand to do this, you have to make your husband do it) and chop it up. For one batch you will only need 1/2 of this, but feel free to use more. Stir together the sour cream, cheese, chicken and green onions. Add a splash of lemon juice. 

Lay the crescents into triangles and put the mixture in bottom of the triangles, like so...
(these are the spinach ones, but I didn't take pics of the others in process)

Then roll them up and seal the ends well.

I bake mine on parchment so it is easy to remove. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a cooling rack and you're done. 


Spinach and Feta Hot Pockets
(otherwise known as the one I made up and don't have measurements for)

a few handfuls of baby spinach
1 6 oz tub of feta
1/2 cup sour cream
green onions
some mozzarella - I probably used 8 or so ounces.

Follow the exact same directions as above, except the making your husband deal with the chicken. Just mix everything together and wrap it up!

Then you go work it all off with some dancing on the wii.

Funny story... I called my grandmother to see if they still had green onions in their garden, so that I could save a few bucks. She laughed at me and said of course. I got to their house and realized why she found my question funny...
ummmm, yea, I'd say she had just a few to spare. ha!

Tyler has now requested I make some breakfast ones... I think I am going to do ham and cheese first!

No comments:

Post a Comment