Monday, June 20, 2011

The best granola bars ever.

Tyler and I love granola bars. They are seriously one of our favorite snacks! I have a few recipes I use, but wanted to post our favorite. If I need to, I'll do a step by step picture post. ;)



{packaging time!}

I use the recipe from Make and Takes. If you haven't ever checked that site out, I highly recommend it! We've gotten some of our favorite recipes from there.

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

2 1/2 c. Oats – quick rolled oats
1/2 c. Rice Krispies
1/4 c. coconut
1/2 c. M&M minis
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Add all of the ingredients and mix together until combined. Press into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and score into bars. Let it set completely and then cut into bars.

Package in parchment paper rolled up and twisted on the ends or sealed with a sticker or in a Tupperware container if you don't have to take them anywhere!

I skip the coconut, use chocolate chips instead of m&ms and add a little bit of wheatgerm. I also use agave nectar sometimes if I have it on hand!

You should definitely try them! They are sooooo good!


{all packaged up for the week!}

No comments:

Post a Comment