Sunday, April 22, 2012

New car!

About a month ago we realized the air was out in my car and that to fix it would cost well over $1000. My car had 150,000 miles and was 9 years old. It wasn't worth but about $2000 on KBB. We had already planned on buying new this fall, so it got pushed up a few months. Both of our cars are paid off and I was not looking forward to a car payment. We weren't quite prepared, but considering I'm pregnant and hot I need air conditioning!

We've been looking since we found out what it would cost to fix my Hyundai and actually just stumbled upon the car we bought. We were headed to the movie theater for a date night and ended up buying a car instead!



We ended up with a dodge journey. I am SO glad we found it because it's fairly new, seriously low mileage and we got a great deal. It has a third row seat and the styrofoam wrap hasn't even been taken off the seatbelt buckles. It's like new.

And it has a bunch of fun random features. Two of my favorites are the storage in the passenger seat and the backseat view mirror.






Tyler got a kick out of this picture I sent him because this really is a mom mobile. Haha!



I'll miss my little Hyundai, but I sure am glad we found a great car for our growing family! My brother put this sticker in years ago and before I left the lot, I told my old car that Jesus would always love it. ;)



-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. yay for a mommy car! We have a CRV and I love it for toting the boys around town in. And you FOR SURE need AC when you are preggo in the summer in the south!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I have a Nissan Sentra, and I love it, but Jarrod and I have been discussing getting a bigger vehicle like that for me soon...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete