Saturday, December 24, 2011

12 Days of Christmas: Husband Style

I wanted to do something special for Tyler for Christmas this year. I got the idea to do a year worth of date nights this summer and it transformed into the 12 days of Christmas. Tyler has loved it! I am so glad. Ive been searching for awhile for things that came in packages, but I knew a few things would be baked in my kitchen because this sweet Love of mine has a sweet tooth like no other. Here is the list of Tyler's 12 days of Christmas!



{a sweet tree under our tree- this was a truffle from a local boutique}



{2 bicycle socks}



{3 cookie dough bites- I found a package of Mrs. Fields cookie dough bites in the Target dollar spot and they just happened to be in a set of 3}



{4 Reeses trees}



{5 razors- the boy needed new razors, I usually put a pack in his stocking, but since I found a 5 pack I made it work}



{6 ice cold beers- here's where we made a detour into the redneck days of Christmas. Ha! Fresh Market let's you mix and match beer, so I got him 6 different beers I thought he would like}



{7 reasons I love you- goodness knows I had to be cheesy at least once}



{8 nerf gun darts- this day came with a bonus}



{day 8 was by far my favorite. He had the day off and pretty much all we did was have nerf gun wars, it was SO fun - and I won}



{9 gold coins-boring, but it was a 9 pack}



{10 snowflake cookies- I made rolled sugar cookies}



{11 chocolate chip cookies- his favorite}



{12 days of date nights- the big one! It took me so long to come up with 12 different and unique date nights. I printed up "coupons" with a little poem or joke to go with each date and then included a gift card for said date night}

He loved it all. He actually just said "I want to formally give you two thumbs up for the 12 days of Christmas." haha!

Tonight I'm excited to celebrate the birth of our Savior with my church family and tomorrow with our immediate family!

Merry Christmas from our home to yours! Remember what the season is all about!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love this idea! I definitely need to do something like this for my husband- maybe next year? Glad he enjoyed the treats and now you can both enjoy the date nights together. It's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going back to read and came across this and LOVE it! I may have to borrow this for the future. :) Do you mind if I pin it?

    ReplyDelete