Thursday, December 29, 2011

Don't Judge Me, pretty please.

For real, don't judge the before pictures of what I'm about to share. :)

A little backstory, I may have shared this when we moved in, but I can't remember. Our renters were filthy and quite destructive. But one of the worst spots was my kitchen stove. It was black. The problem? It's a white stove. We have SCRUBBED this thing with everything we could think of. We scrubbed for 2 straights hours when we moved in. Tyler has taken SOS pads and knives to this sucker. It's bad. I finally gave in, I knew it was sanitized and decided I was just going to have to live with it.

Until today. My friend Ashley posted on Facebook and on twitter this "miracle" cleaning helper. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it out. And I'm posting here in case someone else is as in the dark as I have been.

This miracle? Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Now for the stove, I used baking soda and water because I wasn't sure if HP was flammable, but decided not to risk it. Without further ado... Here is the result!





Now I know this is not exciting to everyone, but for us it's amazing!

I decided to also try it on my mixer, this yuck is not left over from a year. Ha! It's just been the last week. I baked A LOT recently and it got filthy.


I feel like my life has been changed!! My most important "job" is as a homemaker, and anything to make that job easier is such a blessing!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment